Completely rewrote the Vehicle Identification Analyzer to convert it to modern code and I updated the logic. Find it at: VIN Analyzer NOTE: Started the slow and tedious processes to convert all the old scripts which broke when our hosting provided discontinued the support of the scripting language originally used when coded over 10 years […]
Started having an issue yesterday with our FAQ pages failing to load. Fixed issue just now and should work for everyone.
The following are bug fixes and issues that I resolved with latest update to FGF design update: BUG FIXES: Attachements with spaces, (, and/or ) will load properly now and not give 403 errors. Attachments will now show for visitors (non Members). Fixed issue where PDF files would not load properly. ISSUES RESOLVED: 500 Script […]
Today I finished migrating the forum to the new site design. Please let me know if you find any issues I have missed and attach a picture of the screen so I have an idea what you are seeing on your end. Thanks and enjoy – Geoff
Completed the update to the FAQ question to the new format from the old website design. It will be easier to navigate, find data using search feature, and adds ability to post comments with pictures and attachments. Now updates are easier to incorporate and FGF owners can challenge data or update with their research.
After installing WP 3.8.1 Update, there is a conflict with WP Statistics Plugin which causes the FAQ Homepage to not load completely. I have a picture attached here as I do not have the WP Statistics Plugin active and FAQ works as expected. Notice the Admn bar, sidebar, and all the page content fail to […]
Went live with the site redesign with added features and up to date styling and coding. Still some sections to complete: Contact page, Forum skin, FAQ section, 1969 AMA section, and a couple other sections. Once this upgrade is finished, I will start working on recoding the sections which broke back in 2012.
Started process of updating entire site to latest HTML5 specifications and incorporating CSS throughout site.
Paid to upgrade the hosted server to a VPN so we would have unlimited PHP connections instead of the 12 max limit we have now. This should solve the “Too Many Concurrent Connections” error message people are receiving. Server hosting expense went from $29 per month to $63 per month.
Our hosting service provider, TierraNet, “upgraded” our server on April 1st (not an April Fools Joke but wished it was) and pretty much broke the entire site. We fixed many of the issues except one major one which is more involved. Any page ending in .MV will not work until they are recoded and compiled […]