First Generation Firebird
Posted By: jrunner Rebuilt Power Pak Engine?? - 02/03/14 09:57 AM
Hey Guys I picked up this 455 engine that has this tag/plate riveted to the right side of the engine. I tried looking this up on different forums but didnt get anywhere that confirmed what,who, when this rebuilder used this I.D. tag. I'm sure there no longer around but i'm just curious. Its a rebuild with cast pistons and has a crankshaft# 496453 that is listed as a service replacement. I havent taken the short block apart yet because I noticed that none of the rod caps, rods, or pistons have been numbered?? kind of like a factory stock engine would be?? right??. Also no tear down because this engine on the inside looks like it has 10-20,000 miles on it. Anybody know/remember who what when this tag belonged too. I do recall seeing this tag come through the shop 20ish years ago but never paid any attention to it or remember what it was on. ???

Posted By: Bluebird428 Re: Rebuilt Power Pak Engine?? - 02/03/14 10:04 PM
The Post newspaper, San Mateo California, carried an ad on page 17 in the 7 December, 1960 issue, for company called Automotive Engineering. They claimed "Only at Automotive Engineering do you get a rebuilt engine that is Factory Built"

Seems like a lot of people are looking for the same info you are for their Mopar, Chev, Ford, Dodge ... and just about every other brand of engine, with a similar tag drive-screwed to their block.
Posted By: Bluebird428 Re: Rebuilt Power Pak Engine?? - 02/03/14 10:27 PM
In the times, May 33 1961:
New car power is yours with a low cost rebuild from Automotive Engineering. Deluxe Power Pak engines packages are backed with a $10,000 bank written guarantee.

Interestingly in Roller Derby Los Angeles defeated the Bay Bombers 31-30
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)