First Generation Firebird
Posted By: Geoff 6. Can't Stay Logged In or Other Login Issues - 05/11/15 06:10 AM
If you are having an issue where you can't stay logged in, this is 99.9% time because your browsers' security level settings are set to a High level.

1) Ensure that your browser supports cookies; if so, check the security level you are using. High levels of security restriction in certain browsers will automatically reject cookies. In order to use the key features of these forums, you'll need to accept cookies. The maker of your browser can help you with additional problems you may have with your cookie settings.

2) Completely log out by hitting the Log Out link in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and then log back in again.

3) After logging in, you may have to hit the Reload or Refresh button on your browser to expedite the authentication.

4) If these steps don't work you can try purging your cookies for this site using the My Cookies tool: My Stuff > Cookies > Expire Cookies
On my home computer I still can't stay logged on. I'm using IE 11 with Win10 now. Same problem with Chrome and Edge too. I log in and hit refresh and bam I'm logged out again.

If I change all my sliders in the security area all to the lowest settings I can stay logged in but as soon as I change them back to the default levels I'm back to the same Issue.

No issues with my work computer. Not sure what is different.
there is no place to click to stay logged in, have to log in every time
Originally Posted by firebird69racer
there is no place to click to stay logged in, have to log in every time

You will need to ensure your browser excepts cookies (browser captures data about your visits to websites). If you have this turned off or have security set to high sensativity, you will have to log in every time.

If you know your browser allows cookies, you may need to reset them as sometimes they become corrupt. Look at the attached images how to navigate to that as it should correct issue.

UPDATE: There is an issue with 7.6.1 and should be fixed with the 7.6.1 patch I am applying today, January 15th. My bad

Description: Drop Down Menu
Attached picture 5E0EB75D-6414-426D-9491-76A8304038FF.jpeg

Description: Button to Expire Cookies
Attached picture B0EF9847-D91A-455D-8D22-D2693EB45469.jpeg
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)