First Generation Firebird
This is my Bird just listed for sale! I know there are a lot of 350 haters on here, but it's a great car.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3750429498.html
That's an awesome car man. Original with less than 50k miles? Wow! Sometimes when you get a body like that you care a little less about what "brains" it "comes" with. lol
Not sure who the haters are...just prefer the larger 400.
Very nice car.
Nice looking car. Great color. I have a 2011 Inferno Orange SS Camaro and the colors look similar. I like the backdrop for the ad photos.
Would of saved a lot of confusion over the years if Pontiac just called it Orange.
Same with Verdero Green. How bout Army Green...or...Olive Green.
Nice looking car. Hope it's an easy sale. Let us know when it sells and how much it sells for if you can. I'm sure all of us would be interested in knowing what they go for these days.
That car would sell for 24 up here in MN in a heartbeat.

Of course that's assuming the snow leaves soon and the sun shows up here some day.
It will be interesting to see how quickly it sells and for how much. Personally I would have started out a little higher, you can always come down. A low miles solid southern convertible should sell pretty fast this time of the year.
I do love the color and I am not biased at all.
I agree with wovenweb, I don't think there are any actual "haters" of the 350, it is just that given the choice most would take the 400.
Thanks for all the compliments! And I agree the name of the color couldn't be more off.

Honestly, I suspect it has more miles than the title shows (rolled over once). I know many cars look worse in person, but this one actually looks better. The paint job gets many compliments and is the car's strongest feature. The new Parchment interior is also outstanding with no tears in the dash, new loop carpet and new padding in the seats. And how many converts do you see with Factory A/C?

Like most Bird owners, I hate to sell it, but a difficult divorce forces me and I just don't have time anymore having two young kids.

I will let everyone know what it sells for. And if anyone has any other suggestions on the best place to advertise (or even on how to improve my ad), I would appreciate it. Thanks again.
Maybe my wording "350 haters" was too harsh and I know a 400 is always prefered, but for me paying thousands of dollars more wasn't an option. You just get far more car for your money with a 350 in my opinion.
I just picked up a 350 4-speed convertible over Christmas. So far it feels just as nice as my 400.

(sitting in it going "vroom, vroom") laugh
Nice car....I have the same thing but in silver with the 350. Has the factory a/c with electric windows, factory front disc, power top, parchment deluxe interior. I don't mind the 350 which somewhere along the way somebody rebuilt it as an HO motor. It lived most of it life in Vegas with most of the panels as being original. Just need to keep these cars alive getting harder to find them in that condition.
That is a nice car. I would just keep a detailed for sale sign in the window and it should sell itself. I always get people leaving offer notes under my wiper blades anytime I park it in a public area. Your's is a beautiful car and I would expect the same. Best of luck.
Great color on a nice car. Good luck with the sale!
I have a 400 in my '69 but have no problem with a 350 or any Pontiac engine for that matter. What I don't like seeing is a nice Firebird with a Chevy drive train. Nothing against Chevy's either as I have had my share of '68 Camaros but I like to Pontiac engines in Firebirds.
Thank you. It's been a week and only one call so far. Have it posted on Craigslist in surrounding states too. The car show season is coming to an end here so I need to find some better web sites. Normally I have great luck w Craigslist... once sold a 65 Galaxie Convert to a buyer in Sweden in one week using it.
If you want to send me some pics of interior, exterior, engine compartment and trunk, the details on the car and your contact info I'll see if I can get some interest for you. I live in the Dallas area and always get a lot of attention and inquiries about selling my '69 when I'm out around town. e-mail address is dg6743@gmail.com.
Hello guys, I just checked this car out today. Thought I would share my thoughts. First off, it's a dry weather car, and being in AZ I am spoiled on that. The car is set up as a really nice driver. The paint has a few bubbles/dirt nibs, but it lays flat and looks flawless at 2 ft away. The interior is all new including seat foam, really nothing bad to say there. Starts and runs really well. Engine bay needs detailed for sure, but no huge deal. Panel fit is really good everywhere. Really, the only things you could criticize would be the prep before painting, which isn't too bad, just not perfect and the engine bay detailing. I think as a fun driver the color and the AC along with pwr steering and power discs make up for the 350/2bbl combo.I did shoot him am offer, but I think it was a little lower than he could take. He mentioned that he had the work done at shops, which shows in the quality of the work, but that means he has some money invested.
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)