First Generation Firebird
For Sale: 1967 Firebird 400 (3F) coupe. Original black/yellow plate California car, 1 of approximately 1550. Full PHS documents. Built June 1967.
Professionally built 490 hp 455 engine with original TH 400 transmission and 8.2 inch BOP HD 4-pinion posi, 3.55 ratio. Original numbers matching 400 engine mounted on a rolling stand.

20 year partial restoration, see attached work details. Tons of progress photos, all receipts.
The car was beautiful and ready for paint and was then left exposed outside for a considerable time with no door glass or weatherstriping.

The good:

Still basically a solid rust-free California car. The floors were covered in an acoustic coating and therefore are completely rust free.
The drivetrain is solid.
The inner fenders and subframe were powder coated. That was a wise choice.
All the other components not exposed to the elements like the front and rear suspension and drivetrain are in great shape.
The interior with the exception of the front seats and the original center console was out of the car.
A garage full of new/restored parts is included. List attached.

The Bad:

The exterior with the exception of the reskinned passenger door will need to be media blasted again due to sporadic surface rust through primer.
The original hood has surface rust on most of the surface.
The e-coating on the NOS front fenders has started to rust on the top
The trunk floor is pretty rusty for the 2nd time and needs to be completely sanded down and refinished again. It is still solid.
The top of the engine was exposed due to removed hood scoops. The intake manifold needs refinishing.
The rear axle developed a noise during my last extended drive and probably has a bearing problem.
The Corbeau front seats are stained and discolored and will need to be recovered. The rubber squeeze balls for the built-in lumber support were exposed to the elements and are shot.

A great starting point for somebody that wants a solid project Firebird.

$15K or best offer.

405-361-0688 - Mark. I live on the extreme west side of the Phoenix metro area.

Attached File
1967 Firebird 400 Specs.pdf  (86 downloads)
Attached File
Parts in the Garage.pdf  (54 downloads)
Photos

Attached picture DSCN0876.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0877.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0878.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0875.JPG
Attached picture Firebird Disaster 2.jpg
Attached picture DSCN0879.JPG
So no one out there in Firebirdland has a hankering for a very solid, darn straight, running original California 400 project car, with two engines, two sets of seats and a garage full of new parts???

Just wondering.

The price is pretty negotiable. I am just trying to salvage what I can from this disaster and move on.
Sold.
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)