First Generation Firebird
Posted By: hotrodg726 OER dashpad not good fit - 12/04/13 08:58 AM
I purchased the oer vinal wrapped dash pad for my 68 it is made incorrectly the studs thatattach it to the top of the dash are not at the correct angle and it is also cheaply made with no real internal framing like the original. I tried 2 different ones and the second was even worse. I will do the just dashes restoration again it worked very well but was a lot more expensive. I guess you get what you pay for.
Posted By: USMC_Ordy Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 12/05/13 07:56 PM
Good info to know, thanks for sharing your experiance with the OER brand!
Posted By: Bjorn Sefeldt Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 12/17/13 08:24 PM
didnt know 68s were bad too, 69s really dont work....
Posted By: Dave Goldwyn Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 12/19/13 01:36 AM
Seems like a lot of the repro interior pieces have a problem with proper fit.
Posted By: Mrrman Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 04/04/14 07:18 PM
I was looking at this for my 67...still not sure what to do
Posted By: Revvingup Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 04/04/16 01:22 AM
My black 67 dash pad from them fit and I thought was decent, maybe I lucked out. I have stopped buying OER products though because most of it was garbage.
Posted By: colorado68 Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 06/24/16 06:25 AM
Tried the OER and it sucked, looked awful. Luckly I saved the original and sent it to just dashes. Did an amazing job. Looks like it came off the 1968 factory floor.. well worth a few added bucks.
feel like writting a book on stupid mistakes buying a lot of junk oer products.now
now i buy oem or nos specificialy.
Posted By: TOMR67 Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 02/06/17 03:35 PM
I got the oer urethane pad for my 67 and it seems to test fit fine, it is flimsy / not rigid like the original but we will use it , my concern is what happens in the summer sun
Posted By: Andyman Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 02/23/17 12:57 AM
I have OEM interior bits for a 69. Dash, Dash pad, console (automatic) etc.. Message me if you need anything.
Posted By: USMC_Ordy Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 02/24/17 01:34 PM
PM Sent
Posted By: marbilN Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 09/14/18 12:36 PM
Sent one for my 69 back, very poor construction, just hand tightening the nuts caused big dimples in the top of the pad.
Posted By: imac61 Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 12/22/19 03:01 AM
OER parts are absolute junk , I have sent back 3/4 of what I buy on my 4th front bumper now just trash
Posted By: pete808 Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 06/20/20 12:34 AM
same issue here with their dashpad on my 68. Gonna just get the oem one redone.
Posted By: Pci_raid Re: OER dashpad not good fit - 02/28/21 02:14 PM
I bought the 1969 OER dash pad. I honestly threw in the trash as it was way too late to send it back.
To me , the most obvious flaw (hindsight 20/20) , the OER pad does not have the metal skeleton required to install the instrument cluster. It does have the oval holes for the plastic nuts , but there is nothing there to hold the nuts in place. Also its vey flimsy and the fit is below OK. I attempted to make a tin frame and make it fit . After a couple of years of hating it , finally just tossed it in the trash and used my best OEM dash pad .
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)