First Generation Firebird
Posted By: billy1979 Best (pump to carb) line? - 11/21/19 01:08 AM
Anyone have suggestions as to which route to take for running fuel line from the mechanical pump to holley carb? Cant decide if i should go with the preformed steel line or the flexible braided one. If not too much trouble id love to see a pic of someones current setup. Trying to get some ideas so i can do it once and once only
Posted By: Bob S. Re: Best (pump to carb) line? - 11/21/19 01:51 AM
The preformed ones are for a quadrajet that feeds from the front. Hollys feed from the side so you will have to get creative. I bent one myself for my bird from pump to holley and it was a PIA and doesn't look that great. For my goat with an edelbrock I used the preformed quadrajet line and used a flare fitting elbow and came off of that with rubber to side the carb.
Posted By: anguilla1980 Re: Best (pump to carb) line? - 11/21/19 10:32 PM
The feed line for my 4150 rail points forward so I just cut the hardline, added a fuel filter, and ran a SS braded line to the 4150 rail.

I also added some DEI heat shield wrap on the every inch of the fuel lines from the carb bowls down to the pump. The heat from the front of the engine soaking into that hardline is just stupid. Only thing not covered is my plastic fuel filter.
Posted By: USMC_Ordy Re: Best (pump to carb) line? - 11/24/19 01:17 PM
Hey Billy, I am using flexible braided line.

Attached picture 19604.jpeg
Attached picture 19602.jpeg
Posted By: billy1979 Re: Best (pump to carb) line? - 11/26/19 02:23 AM
Looks good, thanks for the pic, i believe thats the route im gonna take
Posted By: USMC_Ordy Re: Best (pump to carb) line? - 12/01/19 01:01 PM
Billy, Butler has some of these line premade if your interested in going the route. https://butlerperformance.com/c-132...s-accessories-hose-kits-accessories.html
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)