First Generation Firebird
Posted By: Geoff Update Forum Software 2018-01-03 - 01/03/18 09:14 PM
Updated the forum software today. Looks like went smoothly but need to poke around a bit more.

Issues Found
  • [FIXED] Some Images Not Loading but work when click on them
  • [FIXED] The Firebird Avatars are not working

Issues Resolved
  • Many Formatting Issues
  • Subscription Feature Now Works Again

Other changes can be found on the developers website if you are interested: UBB Developer Forum 7.6.1 Update

I believe the image issues are some how related to when we had to update to the secure web hosting SSH. I have not been able to figure that one out yet.

Any other issues, let me know. If you just want to talk about the update, donit here.

As always, thank you - Geoff
Posted By: Geoff Re: Update Forum Software 2018-01-03 - 01/07/18 03:12 PM
Couple new or unresolved issues stumbled on:
  • On mobile screens, long links cause screen to expand beyond viewable screen making it unreadable without scrolling left and right
  • Gallery Entries Thumbnails not showing up properly on couple entries. Seems to be miss matched post IDs.

Any others?

Geoff
Posted By: Geoff Re: Update Forum Software 2018-01-03 - 01/11/18 03:50 PM
[FIXED] There has been an issue with our Attachment Manager. Working with our service provider, TierraNet, and the forum developer on a fix.

Attached picture The Wave HD.JPEG
Posted By: Geoff Re: Update Forum Software 2018-01-03 - 01/11/18 04:49 PM
FIXED:
There is an issue when you try to login. Ignore the error message about a file not found. Scroll down below this error and below “Log In To...” to find thr Login Name and Password entry fields. See attached.

Once logged in, you will get another File Not Found error. As long as you see your name to right, you are logged in. All you do now is click on “Forums” between “Control Panel” and “Calendar” links to take you to the forum.

NOTE: Should be able to fix this as long as it does not cause an issue it has in the past. Has something to do with how the URL / Link is formatted. Just need to have time for myself if it causes a problem. Will do a DB backup before :-/

Description: Login Form
Attached picture 5E363E8E-382C-4F07-84A3-2B29E6519B5B.jpeg

Description: Once Logged In Successfully
Attached picture 6A409DAC-40B1-403C-A7A9-C943528E14D7.jpeg
Posted By: Geoff Re: Update Forum Software 2018-01-03 - 01/16/18 01:15 AM
Updated forum software today which was just a patch update 7.6.1.1. It should have fixed a couple issues including the login and logout issue error message. Missing "Keep Me Logged In" button should be back.

Let me know here if any issues - Geoff
Posted By: Geoff Re: Update Forum Software 2018-01-03 - 01/20/18 04:29 PM
Looks like everyrhing is working like it should. Couple left over issues which will be addressed by the developer in a future update to the forum software.

Current Issues which are unresolved:
  • Active Threads - Long URLs will cause overflow issue. On small screens, the entire content will have to be scrolled left and right. If I catch this, I will edit the post to correct by replacing the visable link with Text Description of link.
  • Subscriptions - Donation and subscribing to our Premium Membership Sponsorship. Once you successfully make the payment in PayPal, the returning URL will give an error the file could not be found (See example of error msg below). I have to then go in and manually activate you for the subscription to take affect. .

Updated the following:
  • Attachment Manager - Larger files can now be processed up to 16 MB (VERY large file). This should fix pictures taken on all smart phones today and in next few years. Should not get the error message the file is too large.
  • Photobucket and other Image Hosting Site Issue - Third party websites are now blocking photos shown here. If you can, replace these photos as soon as you can. You have to send me a Private Message (User Name > Private Message) so I can enable you to EDIT a post you can no longer edit.

As always, thank you for your support - Geoff

Description: Returning from PayPal error message
Attached picture 2EEFF3FF-BF6B-454C-A6BF-92471F9E9ECD.jpeg
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)