First Generation Firebird
Posted By: pedlondarite Got a Mopar! - 03/01/15 08:21 PM
Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be a Mopar guy too but I ended up buying a 2011 Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition with the 392 (6.4L) and 6-sp Tremec. Just bought it on Friday through a friend of a friend who I think had to sell it because of a divorce. It has only 19,000 kilometres (about 11,400 miles). HP and torque are both rated at about 475.

Got it in storage right now, waiting for spring!

Posted By: 67firebirdnorway Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/01/15 09:22 PM
Nice color combo, Dodge was lucky with it's retro look.
Posted By: Gus68 Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/01/15 10:51 PM
Keeping with the blue and white theme ... very cool. Do a vid in the spring doing a burn out.

Enjoy!
Posted By: 68tpls400 Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/01/15 11:10 PM
Beautiful car! Nice job!
Posted By: OHCMarc Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/02/15 01:22 AM
What are the number for the motor and 1/4 mile?
Posted By: hokie1984 Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/02/15 01:31 AM
They are great cars. I own a 2010 R/T. It handles great, yet has a very comfortable ride. No where as fast as the SRTs but it is still pretty quick. One thing I hated about it was the 1-4 shift skip. If you haven't fixed this, you need to.
Posted By: pedlondarite Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/02/15 02:08 AM
The 392 is rated at 475 HP and gets about 420 at the wheel. There are Youtube vids of this car doing mid 12's out of the box (though it may have had drag slicks in the video).

I heard about the shift skip but I heard it was between 1st and 3rd. I know there's an in-line gizmo you can buy that hooks up to the tranny that makes that go away. Also thinking of adding a programmer and cold air intake which would add about another 25 HP but also don't want to mess too much with its stock status. The seller was the original owner and did no mods whatsoever; this car is completely stock and I'd like to be able to undo whatever changes I make if I wish.

Can't wait to get it to the track in the spring.
Posted By: hokie1984 Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/02/15 03:40 PM
It's definitely between 1 and 4th gear. I think it is dangerous. I bought a kit off Ebay for like $20 to eliminate it. Works like a champ. That is the first upgrade I would make.

The cold air intake looks cool, although I don't know if it makes that much difference. I kept my original so I can always go back.
Posted By: Cal H Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/03/15 08:55 PM
Nice looking ride Mark! And welcome to the dark side. When I restored two cars, I went the mosts expensive route - one was Pontiac, the other a Plymouth!!!
Cal
Posted By: Firebob Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/08/15 08:48 AM
Ok, I have to tell the story of the first one I saw at the track. They had just come out and I had seen a couple on the street but hadn't seen one up close. I was at grudge night and one followed me into the track and parked off to the side of the tech area for most of the afternoon. I wandered over to look in the window and do a walk around. Nice looking car I thought but my impression was it was a big car. This was the 6.1 version. My last run of the evening I notice the guy pulls into the next line. You know how you count cars ahead to see who you'll be lined up against and sure enough it was going to be me and him. I go over to ask him what he turns and he says he doesn't know it was the first time. I notice his helmet has a sticker from the track on the side and I'm thinking , great I'm going to get my [censored] handed to me by a new car. Well the short of it is I ran a 14.2 and he went 14.6. :^}. Maybe he was taking it easy on a new car. Maybe he didn't know how to drive it. Whatever, all I know is my bird dusted that Mopar off. It was a good night in my book. A year later I was looking at the track's website and see that same guy's picture. He was the CEO of the company that owns the track. That explains the helmet sticker anyways. And that's the truth. Pluuuuuuuu.
Posted By: Banshee Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/09/15 02:40 AM
When I'm in Oshawa in August...we are racin...
Posted By: pedlondarite Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/09/15 05:06 AM
Originally Posted By Banshee
When I'm in Oshawa in August...we are racin...

You're on !!!
Posted By: Michigan Larry Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/09/15 10:27 PM
Tom is the new maro a wee bit faster than the old one?
Posted By: Banshee Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/10/15 12:21 AM
Faster? Maybe..she's lighter, stickier, better brakes, higher rear gear, close ratio trans. Comparing the old to the new? The 10 had oversteer and felt like whole tomatoes in a can. The 1LE is on rails yet forgiving. The electronic steering is unreal.

Mark may have me out of the hole...but I'll catch him if he makes a mistake. I'm at 3812# and 391 rwhp. I believe the Chally is roughly 4225# I'll get him with traction and gearing though he has a horsepower advantage and I have a slight weight advantage.

12.6 at 112 for the Chally
12.9 at 110 for the Maro

Too close to call...drivers race.
Posted By: pedlondarite Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/13/15 04:05 AM
That's about right. Challenger has 420 rwhp but is heavier. You'll be a close 2nd. smile
Posted By: Banshee Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/13/15 07:36 AM
When I'm done whooping your [censored] in my car...ill whoop your [censored] driving your car.
Posted By: pedlondarite Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/14/15 12:14 AM
We'll see you in August then!
Posted By: Cal H Re: Got a Mopar! - 03/14/15 03:19 AM
Y'all keep us in the loop on this!!!
Cal
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)