First Generation Firebird
Posted By: sixstarved sixaholic - 08/12/06 07:42 AM
I might need to change my user name.... Nahh.

I finally got approved for license reinstatement.

I am thoroughly licensed, titled, and insured in the state of NC.
after 6yrs with virtually no driving.
It feels kinda weird being allowed to drive now.
It's a good weird wink

I wish i could've spent the last 6yrs restoring the car properly, but i had neither the money nor the space. It's been sitting outside in the dirt for the last 5yrs frown
I did do quite a few things to it, and although it has several issues, the 50mile test drive tonight helped me figure out a bunch.
I posted some in the korblog. (pleasurizer.com in sig)

If it weren't for my brother, I'd prob'ly be under a bridge right now. Mmmmm, billy goats.....
Posted By: P. M. I. USA Re: sixaholic - 08/12/06 08:23 AM
Great news, Scott! What ever you do, don't forget to stomp on some V-8's as soon as you get the chance.
Posted By: 1stgenbirdman Re: sixaholic - 08/13/06 08:20 PM
Congrats Scott, I hope all goes well and the car is as happy to be driven, as you are to be able to drive it! Hope you take good care of each other for a long time to come!

Good to see you back in the saddle - Brett!
Posted By: 68 Blackbird Re: sixaholic - 08/14/06 02:54 AM
Good to hear your up and runnin Scott!!!

Kel
Posted By: sixstarved Re: sixaholic - 08/14/06 06:54 AM
Thanks guys.
I worked out some blinker issues today and have been driving around quite a bit. I was hoping to have my license for my birthday. I'm early. I turn 37 on thursday. smile
Posted By: Sprint Cowboy Re: sixaholic - 08/16/06 11:14 PM
Howdy
Congrats Scott How did you like the ride of the 6308 front springs. I know everybody has different ideas of what is to stiff but I would like to know what you think of them.
Posted By: Bjorn Sefeldt Re: sixaholic - 08/16/06 11:47 PM
Congrats Scott! better to be early than late.....

Its gotta feel really weird....its weird for me , I havent driven since July 29th , until today (was out of the country and was passenger all the time driving around France....)
Posted By: sixstarved Re: sixaholic - 08/17/06 12:49 AM
Thanks again.
The 6308s to me ride a little soft. They are s'posed to be stiffer than stock though. I guess I'm used to the car always being stiffer, taller, or both. I remember liking the ride with 2 coils chopped off some extra tall springs. It handled real well too.

It does OK now. I think I need some stiffer rear shocks though. "Smart" valve shocks don't handle surprises well.
Posted By: Hammered Re: sixaholic - 08/17/06 02:24 AM
Good for you Scott! I can't imagine 6 years without a license. Good luck with the car. Does this mean you're going to get those 4 piston brakes installed soon?
Posted By: sixstarved Re: sixaholic - 08/17/06 03:33 AM
if i had the money...
I have the spindles and rotors on smile
but just some singles for now.
Posted By: nashville68bird Re: sixaholic - 08/17/06 08:35 PM
Scott, drive slow and enjoy what most take for granted. Glad to hear this news!
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)