First Generation Firebird
Does anyone know where I might be able to find one? My Firebird was originally sold from this dealer, so I would like to have it for my baby. Thanks!
Most dealers back then had metal script plates they screwed or riveted to the rear body panel nect to the fule door. I think license plate frames were something from the 70's.

I know for sure my parents '69 station wagon from Galpin Ford came from the dealer with frames on both plates.

I was a tad too young to know for sure about their '64 Chevelle wagon but I KNOW none of those So Cal cars purchased by my family had riveted script plates. That includes my '70 Mustang and my '67 'Bird.
We had this discusion some time back and it seems like we decided the lic frames were more of a Cali thing as the rest of the country seemed to use the scripts. Although a friend of mine found some for his car orig sold in Tx at Gay Motors. Not sure I would've opted to mount that one, so to speak. There are guys making a bus out of the frames at swap meets out here.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll continue my search for one.
Hi BERD
Just fond this post. My bird have both license frames from Allison Pontiac, one is missing the lover part of the frame.Have you found any frames? If you find more than you need, pleace send an pm to me. I would be interested to buy one.

Firebird Norway,

I haven't had any luck, although I haven't put much effort into it. If anyone on this org has one or knows where to find one, PLEASE let me know thanks!

Are you interested in selling yours? smile
Interesting two Coronado gold 'verts from the same dealership. (and on the same forum) Kind of makes me miss mine. Snif! frown
I know I’m late to the party but I have a pair of these frames.

Attached picture E6D28253-9E29-426E-BAAB-EF981299F80D.jpeg
I have a 1969 Firebird conv. Original sold by Shappe Pontiac in Madison Wi , my sister bought new and I bought from her in 1970 that I still have the original dealer name license plate frame on the car.
With that said it’s not just a west coast thing.
Looking for these frames also.. My 68 is from there..
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)