First Generation Firebird
Posted By: OHCMarc 68 / 69 Wiring Diagram help - 10/04/14 04:31 AM
I have an old wiring diagram that does not have a legend on it. Being that it is a colored diagram it can be difficult to decipher.

If someone has a better digital wiring diagram would you please email it to me.

ohcsprint@gmail.com

I have some assembly/shop manuals on dropbox for barter if that matters

Marc
Posted By: HaroldB Re: 68 / 69 Wiring Diagram help - 10/04/14 03:11 PM
I have this one

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: readyrockhillguy69 Re: 68 / 69 Wiring Diagram help - 02/08/21 05:56 PM
just put my harness in,have power to fuse box but no power to anything like wipers ,heater,and only outside headlights work,go out when hit dimmer switch and its new,only things working is overhead light,starter,and dash high beam light,am i missing a ground or what?horn relay went to smoke so i bypassed it, any help? readyrockhillguy69@yahoo.com
Posted By: barnbird Re: 68 / 69 Wiring Diagram help - 02/09/21 12:00 AM
Not sure why this is in the hall of fame section? should be moved. Without getting super deep into this I would say your horn relay comment is probably a hint as that is a major power source. Harold b's site has all the 68 manuals including wiring diagrams in the library section. https://www.firebird400ho.com/ get your volt meter out and start following from the source outward.
Posted By: readyrockhillguy69 Re: 68 / 69 Wiring Diagram help - 02/09/21 12:50 AM
was thinking on the same line,ordered a horn relay today,thought i had it in forums this is the worst site i ever worked with,but thanks for the info,i have always been chevy man,have a 66 L-79 nova and a 67 SS, just got this rust free bird and have it about 90 percent,but piss me off it will go to scrap yard, took a 69 camaro there a couple years back for about same reason,nothing is a simple as these old cars and be dam if one will win
Posted By: barnbird Re: 68 / 69 Wiring Diagram help - 02/09/21 02:31 AM
Also don't forget you could be having multiple issues going on. If after getting things sorted out you find the headlights still go dark when put on high beams and verifying your new Chinese switch is working properly don't forget the low beams switch to a different filament when on high beam and yours wouldn't be the first car after sitting around forever to have that many burnt filaments.
Posted By: Dr. Drivability Re: 68 / 69 Wiring Diagram help - 02/09/21 06:38 PM
"Just put my harness in..."

First thing to do, is double check the work done. Especially the connection at the firewall.

Then, pick 1 system not working, wipers for example, and chase down the issue.

Safe bet, when you find the issue with one circuit, the others will be resolved as well.

We've found that chasing electrical issues is the Achilles heal for most technicians.

And if you decide to take the car to the junkyard, I'll give you 500 bucks more than they will.
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)