First Generation Firebird
Posted By: EAGLE69 69 firebird 400 front bumper emblem help! - 02/16/21 04:45 PM
Does anyone have a photo of the retainer used to bolt on the arrowhead emblem on a 1969 firebird 400?
i know it was a single 2 hole retainer ,but,i cannot find any info regarding it other than that.
I know all sites are saying to use the 67-68 emblem,but, i know it's different and uses different retainers as well.
Most replacements do not come with mounting hardware as well.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Posted By: cme469 Re: 69 firebird 400 front bumper emblem help! - 02/17/21 06:00 AM
About 2 years ago I bought mine from a place that was the only source I could find at the time and it came with the bracket you mentioned. The bumper is now installed on my car but I may be able to get a cel phone cam photo of it. Do you have the emblem already? If not I my be able to find where I got mine from including the bracket. I think it was about 50 bucks (back then) but of good quality.
Ron
I'm also curious where to purchase a correct 69 emblem from. I'm using a 68 emblem and it doesn't sit flush.
Posted By: cme469 Re: 69 firebird 400 front bumper emblem help! - 02/20/21 05:12 PM
I posted on 2-16-21 on (Re:Front bumper arrowhead) that USMCOrdy on this site gave me the place to get the emblem and the measurements for mounting. Mine came out perfect. I can’t find if I kept a record here, but I’d PM him. He had the info. Also really great guy.
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)