First Generation Firebird
Posted By: The Birdsnest Throttle return spring - 01/13/20 06:59 AM
Been trying to locate information on the proper Throttle return spring setup for a 68 Firebird 400 Ho ! Can someone give some feedback on what determined what color was used ? Example Blue or Yellow and did it use two springs to return the throttle ? or one ? .I attempted a forum search to locate information on about the springs but was unsuccessful. Also were the Original retaining bolt's ( for the oil filter adapter to block) a hex headed bolt ? or did they use the 12 point headed bolts like the fuel pump used ? Trying to put back together a 68 HO Coupe I purchased as a basket case Thanks in advance
Posted By: BLK69JUDGE Re: Throttle return spring - 01/13/20 08:24 AM
Hello
welcome.....

I have spare original springs... yes blue and yellow
I also have original oil filter housing to block bolts .... hex head ...
and yes 68 had 12 point fuel pump bolts with thin stainless washers,,,
I have alot of correct 68 69 engine hardware

Scott
in Lacey Wa
scott68gto@comcast.net
Posted By: The Birdsnest Re: Throttle return spring - 01/13/20 03:58 PM
Thank's Scott for the response , Do you know if the throttle use one or two spring's in conjunction ? I know I've seen the blue one's over the year's and can not remember if it use two springs ! Also are you saying the oil filter adapter is bolted to the block by hex headed bolt's ? and then is the oil filer housing bolted to the adapter block with hex head bolt 's ? I was wondering because when I got this car the motor was completely disassembled but the fellow had the filter housing loosely screwed to the adapter with two bolt's that appear the same as the correct fuel pump mounting bolt's ( the 12 point headed) bolt's ! Thanks again for your time
Posted By: Ron DeNardo Re: Throttle return spring - 01/15/20 03:34 AM
Hey how you doing I have a 67 Firebird I'm interested in putting a post up add a keep sending me to private message I did it once about six months ago but I can't seem to get it today appreciate if you could help me
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)