First Generation Firebird
Posted By: HaroldB quadrajetpower LLC - Rebuild - 08/20/18 06:39 PM
I have to give an outstanding review for quadrajetpower.com after getting the carburetor installed and tuned in. #QuadrajetPowerLLC did an excellent job on the rebuild. Communication was great. Quick turn around. They can re-plate or re-color the metal parts.

A little background, I had a 68 Firebird 400 HO 7028271 carburetor rebuild by Cliff Ruggle at Cliffs High Performance. It started right up got it tuned in and It ran real good. Only issue I had was that it took a few attempts to start it after driving it and letting it sit for 30-60 min.. Tarted fine cold but had to turn it over a few times. But I thought that was how a carburetor was suppose to act so never said anything. It was always dependable.

I happened to have found another 7028271 carburator earlier this year and thought I would get it as a backup. I was doing some research and ran across QuadrajetPower.com. I read some information from others that had used them and Cliff Ruggle as a rebuilder and thought they were just as good. So I thought I would give them a try and compare the two.

Wow,This one I got from Quadrajet Power seems to run even better. Starts right up. No hesitation on WOT. Runs really great. Restarts right after letting it set for a while after running it. Fast turn around time. I am very pleased with it. Thinking about sending the Cliff Ruggle build to them and let them rebuild it.

If you need one rebuild don't hesitate on giving them a try. Quick turnaround.

I will update again soon. I want to test more on the hot starts, but so far it starts right up. I want to get my fuel back to 94 Octane and see how well it does. Currently I have around 96-97 octane.

Attached picture IMG_1688.JPG
Posted By: Sleddog Re: quadrajetpower LLC - Rebuild - 08/21/18 11:14 AM
Looks good Harold! Knock on wood, my carb that Cliff did works great. No issues.
Posted By: HaroldB Re: quadrajetpower LLC - Rebuild - 08/21/18 02:44 PM
For the most part I was happy with the Cliff Build. No major issues and I would have not known the difference until I tried this new one. It seems to be giving me much more power if that is possible. Starting much better and WOT is unbelievable compared to what I had. May it's my imagination.

Cliff said.He should have used 73 main jets and 42 rods in it if they were replaced, but may
be different if the original parts were in good shape and he may have re-used them....

Not sure what the original main jets or rods were.

Quadrajet Power Rebuild my spare with
73, with 41 Primary rods and BE secondary rods

Not sure how it compares with Cliff's build butt cliff did not record the information so can not confirm anything.
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)