First Generation Firebird
Posted By: blwn350 Blinker problem!! - 05/24/18 01:02 AM
I'm having a weird problem with my blinkers on my 67 Firebird, hopefully someone can help me out.

If I put the left blinkers on (lever on the column down) The left rear blinks like normal BUT the right dash indicator blinks and the right front blinker blinks.

If I put the right blinkers on (lever on the column up) The right rear blinks like normal BUT the left dash indicator blinks and the left front blinker blinks.

What could it be??
Posted By: Bob S. Re: Blinker problem!! - 05/24/18 01:15 AM
And recently it was working correctly?
Posted By: blwn350 Re: Blinker problem!! - 05/24/18 01:41 AM
No... I bought the car 4 years ago as a project. It has the original harness in it thats in great shape. Front parking lights are new, plugged into the original harness. Gauge cluster is original with a new printed circuit board. Tail light housings are original, tail light sockets over original. Turn signal switch in column is new. I tested the turn signal switch with a test light, Light blue and Yellow wire from turn has power when the left blinker it turned on, Dark blue and dark green wires have power when right blinker is turned on. I don't have the grill/headlights in yet but I cannot see that that makes a difference since everything else works properly. Hazards work properly.
Posted By: ho4spdtogo Re: Blinker problem!! - 05/25/18 03:19 AM
I’m thinking that the wiring harness rubber plugs that connect to the front turn signal housings are grounding out.. the connections are broke and the two wires are grounding to each other sending the signal to the opposite sides ... see if they are broken....
Posted By: blwn350 Re: Blinker problem!! - 05/27/18 11:51 PM
I fixed it... When I put the new turn signal switch in, I crossed the light blue and dark blue wires, lol....
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)