First Generation Firebird

After market inner fender?

Posted By: LeeKLM

After market inner fender? - 11/18/18 08:14 PM

My OEM front inner fenders are in pretty rough shape. Anyone use the Goodmark replacement? Curious on the fit...

Also, I see that the camero inners will fit "with modifications ". Anyone have experience with those?

Thanks!
Posted By: 68tpls400

Re: After market inner fender? - 11/19/18 12:27 AM

All the repop inner fenders fit well. The trimming required is only along the front edge, and not a big deal especially if you have the old ones to use as a pattern.
Posted By: salmon38

Re: After market inner fender? - 11/19/18 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by 68tpls400
All the repop inner fenders fit well. The trimming required is only along the front edge, and not a big deal especially if you have the old ones to use as a pattern.

Agreed. This is exactly what I did. Placed the original over the high quality Camaro piece, scribed a line, and started cutting. The piece removed is pretty small.
Posted By: USMC_Ordy

Re: After market inner fender? - 11/19/18 09:44 AM

The front repop fenders will need massaging to get to fit properly. My body guy had lots of problems with mine. I believe most all body panels are made by the same Chinese company but there may be two of them, not sure.
Posted By: 68tpls400

Re: After market inner fender? - 11/19/18 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by USMC_Ordy
The front repop fenders will need massaging to get to fit properly. My body guy had lots of problems with mine. I believe most all body panels are made by the same Chinese company but there may be two of them, not sure.

Maybe because yours are '69? I used quite a few for '68 with minimal effort.
Posted By: LeeKLM

Re: After market inner fender? - 11/19/18 07:03 PM

Good info, thank you!
© 2019 Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)