First Generation Firebird
Posted By: Gus68 Bush 41 - 12/03/18 11:04 PM
We lost a good man, a great man, to heaven above.

Hold your glasses high and toast with me for President George Herbert Walker Bush!

CHEERS!!!!

I don't know if we have any more great men left in this world. We will have to grow a couple.
Posted By: Firebob Re: Bush 41 - 12/05/18 03:27 AM
Hey George Sr was a car guy. I knew I liked him for some reason. Plus he didn't seem like an out and out crook. More than I can say for most politicians.
Posted By: Bjorn Sefeldt Re: Bush 41 - 12/07/18 07:08 PM
I kind of knew him some...very nice man...met him twice...had breakfast with him once..in mid 90s...his grandson Pierce was my sons best friend for years....they kind of lost contact after HS graduation....but I ran in to George (41) one day in early 2000s...he evidently used same cleaners I do, a block from my office...one day went there to pick up something, noticed a big black SUV parked outside , blocking an empty spot I wanted...had to park further away ,and walked towards the SUV, was going to give a few choice words...as I was walking , noticed it wasnt one, but two SUVs...as I got closer I saw people gathered in a circle outside the cleaners...I thought maybe someone had fainted or such so I walked to the crowd...as I got close , noticed nothing but a guy in black suit outside the entry...hmmm...looks like a hold up I thought...walked passed him ,he looke me over...I entered saw an older man with cane at the counter....the owner said :" hello Mr Sefeldt, how are you"?
The man turned around, its 41...he sicks his hand out and says: nice to see you again, hows Patrik"? Ive met him ONCE before...but I guess he knew my name thru my son ....but what a memory....and he took his own laundry in!

Then we chatted for a bit....and he told me to tell Patrik hi....
Posted By: Gus68 Re: Bush 41 - 12/07/18 09:14 PM
Great story Bjorn,

I wish I had one, I wanted to meet the man if not just to exchange experiences with Parkinson's. Everyone is affected differently. I was amazed at his ability to smile and go to events for hours in a wheel chair. I want "what ever he is drinking"! lol
Posted By: Bjorn Sefeldt Re: Bush 41 - 12/10/18 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Gus68
Great story Bjorn,

I wish I had one, I wanted to meet the man if not just to exchange experiences with Parkinson's. Everyone is affected differently. I was amazed at his ability to smile and go to events for hours in a wheel chair. I want "what ever he is drinking"! lol

thx
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)