First Generation Firebird
Posted By: 68Mark Rubber Bumper Stop Identification - 07/16/17 04:47 PM
I purchased a beautiful 68 350 HO convertible over the winter and have been doing some finishing touches. I bought one of those rubber stopper kits as many were missing and the remaining ones were worn. I got most of them on, but I was not able to identify a few to figure out where they go. Is there a good chart or something somewhere? Thanks!
Posted By: Jimc2002 Re: Rubber Bumper Stop Identification - 07/16/17 07:42 PM
There are a few different kits sold and I don't recall a single source defining locations of all the rubber bumpers/stoppers since there are some all over, in and under the '68.. What kit are you referring to and what parts in it are you trying to locate? We should be able to help with pictures.

And welcome to the forum 68Mark.
Posted By: 68Mark Re: Rubber Bumper Stop Identification - 07/17/17 02:43 AM
Thanks, Jim. I've attached a picture of the ones I'm not sure of. I think 2 of the small round ones are for the console lid. BTW - the larger round ones are hollow in back - as if they fit over something (screw or bolt head?).

I spent most of the day today pulling out the entire interior - lots of new parts to install, clean and freshen, plus window adjustments. I've got some wiring to track down, too. Going to be a fun week. I'm sure I'll have more questions. I've been lurking, reading and learning since before the car arrived, even. Great forum! Not my first FGF, but the last one I had was over 25 years ago, and I didn't do much to it, really.

Thanks,
Mark

Attached picture FullSizeRender.jpg
Posted By: 68tpls400 Re: Rubber Bumper Stop Identification - 07/17/17 12:15 PM
The round ones go on top of the hood stop posts on top of the radiator support. The two on the right are fender to hood bumpers.
The small ones are glove box and console door bumpers.
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)