First Generation Firebird
I just swapped a 700 R4 into my 69 Firebird. I changed out the crossmember, used an engine/trans adaptor plate, and shorten my drive shaft. I'm having trouble connecting the transmission lines to the radiator as they are now a little too short with the engine/trans adapter plate installed. The steel lines do not have much flexibility. How have others routed their transmission lines to overcome this issue. Has anyone tried the stainless steel flexible lines? It looks like there may not be enough room at the transmission to make the connection since they don't bend as sharp as the metal lines do? Has anybody tried using them or have a solution they could suggest?
I use the flexible line with a aftermarket trans cooler mounted in front of the radiator and works fine.
Use properly rated rubber hoses. That’s what my mechanic did. They’ll work perfectly.

You can cut the factory hard line at the proper point and attach the hose with a hose clamp. Mine go to the radiator, then to the trans cooler in front of the radiator, then back to the tranny.

Want photos?
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)