First Generation Firebird
Could use some help with identifying my PS pulley. I though I had the original unit in mine, I have A/C, put my pulley number on the PS pump is 9786901XH. The 67 and 69 V8 birds have that number listed, but 68 Birds should have 9786900? If anyone could verify,

http://thefirstgensite.com/library/partscounter/illustrated/pullybelt/pullybelt1.htmlthanks!
I don't see any part number on mine. Is the part number visible while on the car?
Yep, on the face/front of the pulley.
Funny, There is less than 5% of the face that is not visible, the area right behind the center nuts. I saw 9786901XH this time in a mirror. It also appears to have an "S" stamped on the face 180 deg opposite the part number.
Great, - and good news then, so I so have the correct unit, parts book must be wrong. Thanks for checking!
I pulled the same (part number) one off of my 69 400 engine. My 69 was built in Oct or Nov 68 (cant remember which one) and that is correct for a 69 with A/C.
Wondering if your all engines were made in later on in 68?

Attached picture pullybelt8.jpg
Mine was a June 68 built.
I think in 68 they left the pump pulley the same and added the AC pulley to the back of the crank pulley. The diameter of the fan pulley is smaller with the AC, I would assume for extra coolant flow with the AC. Are the diameters and numbers of all your other pulleys the same as in the book? If so I'd say you should have the 900 pulley, but as stated above, the time your engine was assembled may have determined what pulley went on.
69 pump pulley w/o AC is the 900 and with ac is 901, in 68 they use the 900 for both non ac and ac but changed the size of the fan and crank pulley.

While we're on the subject of pulleys, I have a 9786819 water pump pulley for a 68 with power steering and a 9778559 water pump pulley for a six cylinder car, free to whoever needs them.
I haven't checked the other pulleys, but my guess is that they are correct as the engine never came out of the car, but the power steering pump had work done to it in the past. My belt sizes also match the sizes in the book and fit well, so I think I've confirmed correctness. Thanks all!
© Firebird Classifieds & Forums (1967, 1968, and 1969)